does anyone have experience with children with anitsocial personality disorder?

or have information on the subject?

dearone07

Asked by dearone07 at 9:31 AM on May. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a friend whos son has Aspbergers which makes him hadr to socialize with kids his age. I am sure there is a group here for that!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:06 AM on May. 4, 2009

• At least if they aren't socializing they won't be getting into trouble.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the comments but this disorder is misleading in the title. It's not like autism, but its a social behavior. These people have no remorse, they do not understand cause and affect, they also tend to mislead people into thinking they are different than they are. so they could be quite social. I have just heard of this disorder and am looking for someone that knows anything about it or has a child with it. I fear that my son has at least something similar to this.
    dearone07

Answer by dearone07 at 3:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would speak with your son's doctor about it. If he really has something like this, he needs early intervention. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Hi. My daughter is 26 years old. I am her mother and grandmother of her 5 year old son who was diagnosed with leukemia June 2008. I have always thought my daughter marched to a different drummer and I blamed it on a learning disablity she has....Central Auditory Processing. 2 weeks ago, my daughter was arrested for burglary in the third degree..5 counts. This is a beautiful woman who was raised in a Christian home and was and is dearly loved. She has gone through counceling in the past, and I contacted this same phychologist and I brought him up to date as to what her life had been like since he last saw her 10 years ago. He said he hated to tell me, but it sounded like she is a sociopath.aka anti-social personality disorder. I went to google this term and all the characteristics were her. it is a scarey thing but I have put this into God's hands and we take it one day at a time.. write me if you would like.
    Blessed54

Answer by Blessed54 at 9:51 PM on May. 12, 2009