why is it that so many people of this so-called 'christian nation' hate people of middle-eastern descent, when jesus probably looked just like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• they dont hate people of middle eastern descent, they hate extremists. im from middle eastern descent and people dont hate me :p
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't know very many Christians that "hate" anyone. I think there are a lot of people over here that are terrified of them because of things in the past.

Many people are afraid of pit bulls because of things they hear...it's not fair for anyone but it happens.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:03 AM on May. 4, 2009

• people fear the terrorest so they look at any who might look like them with suspision.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I am not sure people "hate" middle east...but I am not to fancy on anyone who might find it appealing to fly a plane into a building or strap a bomb on their chest. But I feel that way if they are from the middle east or Midwest
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't hate those from the Middle East and I am Catholic. I may not understand other religions but that doesn't mean I hate them. What I don't like are the fanatics that go around killing others and recruit their own women and children to kill others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 4, 2009

• We don't hate people of mid-eastern descent. That is only in the main-stream media. That is one of the "fear mongering" that goes on to keep a story alive long enough to bilk a few more rating points. If you actually ask people on the street, they don't hate an entire group of people. They don't particularly like the extremist who want us dead, but we don't hate the Middle Eastern people as a whole.

group hug

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• There are bigots who hate someone because of the way they look but most people aren't bigots. There are bigots who hate someone because of their religion - but again, not most people. Being aware of people who are out to harm or kill you is also not bigoted.

I don't like extremists and it doesn't matter to me what their belief system is. I despise extremists who want to kill me because of how I look, where I live, and what I believe.
    Anonymous