• In the Spotlight:

Crying kids in Church

do you wish they would leave or praise the Lord these children are in church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Be thankful they are in church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Don't churches offer childcare so you can enjoy the service. How old are the children? The parents should get up and take their child out into the hall or something if the child will not calm down. Its rude and makes it hard for everyone to concentrate on what the preacher is saying or minister.
    Anonymous

• Praise the Lord!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 4, 2009

• These crying children belong to God and He welcomes everyone.

Most churches have a room where the mother can take the child...and most have video or audio so you can still hear the sermon. Even the nurseries I've been to have this.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:23 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Cry Room

Praise the Lord!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 4, 2009

• No, not all Churches offer childcare, mine doesn't. Some Churches have separate rooms for families with young children, mine doesn't. It doesn't bother me if children are making noise during Mass and it doesn't seem to bother any of the other people I can see when it happens, they usually turn and smile at the parents. Usually if the children won't calm down they will get up and take them out for a while. If my dd, who is 13 months, is making a lot of noise I get up and let her walk around in the back and that usually keeps her quiet, I just think it's nice to do that so everyone can hear what's going on but I wouldn't be mad if somebody didn't. Our Priest doesn't mind either, he's made comments before like "Don't worry, I've had days like that too."
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:25 AM on May. 4, 2009

• We could always take them into the hallway or a "cry" room where they could still hear the message but werent disturbing the congregation.

I think thats a better idea then just not coming or leaving cuz they cry,etc. Let them hear, let the parent hear the message of the day.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:47 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My church does not offer a back room for the kids but my husband's church does. I REFUSE to use it. we are ALL children of God and every child in church is singing and praising Jesus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I have a 4 month old baby, so I usually sit kinda close to the back, although I'd rather sit closer to the front. But if she starts crying it's not so much of a distraction if I get up and take her to the bathroom to change her or whatever. They do have a nursery, which no one has ever offered to take her off my hands. I don't even know if they'll take a baby.....but oh well, children deserve to be in the house of the Lord, as much as anyone else. But if I have to go out in the hallway to calm her down, they have speakers throughout the entire church so that you can hear what is going on.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:49 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I remember one of my mom's pastors telling a mom (smiling)"Don't you dare hush that baby! He's making a joyful noise unto the Lord!" That particular church is very small and close knit, so we always pretty well let the kiddos roam the pews, LOL. But in other churches, I know that people get very offended at there being children even in the sanctuary. I remember once I went to a HUGE baptist church, and they kept trying to get me to take my daughter (2 at the time) to the nursery. #1, I am not comfortable leaving my child with strangers, and #2, she suffered from severe separation anxiety and would have literally SCREAMED the whole time. So I declined. However, the same woman kept approaching me, almost begging me to take her, even though she was quiet the whole time (and in fact fell asleep in my dad's lap). I didn't, and still don't get it.

(Continuted . . .)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:58 AM on May. 4, 2009