Working with.. rude people. What do I do when they start being rude? Give it back? or Just smile and take it?

So I'm not one who usually has problems with people. I am nice to everyone I come in contact with. I look at everyone equally at work. I have no problems with the people I work with on my floor. But it seems that everytime we have a float.. people are RUDE to me.. for no reason. I take it and don't show it bothers me. A nurse last night yelled at me for something I didn't even know what was going on. Then someone from a different floor was getting snippy with me over something she didn't even know what she was talking about. And then there was an aide who is just sarcastic ALL the time and doesn't know when enough is enough. She made me feel stupid and looked at me with a dumb look because I didn't know where something was. I came home and bawled like a baby last night. Just bawled. My hubby and mom told me its because I'm pretty,young(their between40-60) and their jealous. I don't know why women are so mean and rude. Do you?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 10:29 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• well you know me lol do what i would do
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:32 AM on May. 4, 2009

• lol but its easier to deal with online then in person. haha
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2009

• That's because Women are just nasty, seriously. Get a bunch of women working together and it's hell. Also on hospital wards, you know how tight knit it is. I would try hard NOT to take it too personal, but you can be assertive with them without being rude about it. You will have to do that to let them know that you are nobody's door mat. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Personally, I'd tell 'em to kiss my ass.

But that's just me.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:37 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I've found the best way to deal with rude people is to just smile in their face like nothing is wrong.

They are being rude to you to make you as miserable as them.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:51 AM on May. 4, 2009

• As long as you work there, you need to take the high road. Be polite, though there is no need to be overly friendly. It is important to never burn a bridge with coworkers. I do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help Cafemoms with resumes, coverletters and job search strategy.
    - Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Always put on the biggest most plastic smile you can muster. Then, look at them as though they aren't being rude, like they are being nice and complementing you. This will drive them so insane. Then you will be laughing for real. Because you will just see the anger rise in them and steam coming up. I always do this and it is soooo fun.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:54 AM on May. 4, 2009

• oh no baby girl i am like that in person too. i'll give you the shirt off my back if you need it,but do not piss me off. cuz i will tell you to your face what i think if you piss me off or stab me in the back
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

lol i agree with her. Act like it doesn't bother you, If they don't get a reaction they're looking for, they'll probably stop.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:05 AM on May. 4, 2009

• smile and let it bounce; it makes them squirm horribly LOL. chicka:)
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 11:26 AM on May. 4, 2009