What can i put on heat rash

My dd, 10 months, has been getting heat rash latly on her forehead. Her doctor can't see her untill tomorrow afternoon because they said it isn't a serious condition and there are so many coming in with other sichnesses. Ok, fine. So they told me to put cool compresses on her and keep her dressed cool. Duh, i have been letting her run around in only her diaper, and not goin goutside because it is so hot here during the day. Anyways , it still flares up sometimes. Any suggestions on what to put on it. I keep reading mixed things. Some say put nothing on it because it clogs pores, and others say put calamine lotion on it. If is just on her forehead, and sometimes a couple of bumps on the cheeks, but not all the time. What should i do untill tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hydrocorizone cream stopped the itching for mine plus I alternated or instead sometimes used the store brand version of calamine caladryl. The name brand Parke Davis is really good but very thick and takes a long long time to try. Store brands of it are thinner and dry super fast. You can also take your fingers and dip in pure kitchen corn starch and dab baby. It keeps it dry. Poor baby!! Feel better pretty girl!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2009