Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How come I can't get Help when I so need it?

I've been feeling so poorly! I heard of A Free clinic like 25 miles Away!! I've been having these Breathing issues so Bad.... I feel its Life Threatening.. NO money, Insurance Etc.. I can't Find where the Clinic is or how to get there... When I said to DH I'm breaking Down & can't Take it.... Now he doesn't Care!?? It seems!! Yes we live in the Rural country in the Middle of no where.. He's been out of work form his job of almost 24 Years since January. We can't Afford even the Basics... I'm Scared, Weepy & had to get this off my Chest... Maybe then I can Breath!! Coffee & A Hot Shower didn't Help. No replies needed just crying & venting..

Answer Question

Asked by Angellinda at 10:34 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

Level 21 (11,804 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • A hospital can not deny you care and you can contact their billing department once you get the bill and ask for the forms to fill out for reduced or free care based off your income. It is probably the stress of it all that is causing the problems and they will honestly tell you to try and calm down or give you a mild anti depressant. If you know the address or the clinic name look it up and map quest it to go. Good luck to you and lets hope that you both get jobs and get your lives back on track.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • A local chuch, mosque, synagogue or hospital will be able to refer you to a social services agency that will provide you with the help that you need.

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • Libraries are great places to do free things just to have things to do - you can go to any library that's public not only in your town or county. They have tons of free things. What are your hobbies? Volunteeer I'm sure you have expertise with things from your life. Does your state have low income health insurance? Any is better than none maybe. United Way has different help groups too. Try them! Don't give up!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • Yes honey go to the hospital and they can treat you and give you forms for government healthcare, plz get help!

    Answer by dairyberrys at 12:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.