How can I change my life

I want to life I healthy life I want to find God %100 and live right but I cuss and smoke at times and have a hard time letting bad habbits go my kids go to church every week but I want to change has anyone ever changed How did you deal with people around you that still cuss and smoke Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well if you are going to quit smoking, do it for the right reasons, do it for your health. And as far as cussing, pffttt..as long as you tone it down and use it appropriately it's fine. Finding God? God is never lost, just talk to him, he's there. And as far as dealing with people who smoke and cuss when you don't, well if they are in your house, they should be respectful of your rules, that's just common courtesy, if you are at their house, the rules of respect apply and being judgemental and self righteous is NOT part of that.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:43 AM on May. 4, 2009

• HA! YES I have changed!! It CAN happen- but not overnight!!! I was in the EXACT same boat- and admitedly, the cuss words DO pop out occasionally- my husband and I used to only be "sunday" Christians, but now we just follow Him. My "friends" who drink, stopped hanging out with me- I guess they can only get together if they drink- so who cares.( of course they blame the Church) I don't want to be hungover anymore- I don't want that example for my kids. Just involve yourself in activities at your Church. and PRAY- He will deliver you from all temptation- it is NOT easy, but it will happen. just have faith :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 4, 2009

• oh boy have I changed! But yet, I'm still the same person... IM me if you're seriously wanting a discussion. I found an amazing church home. WELS Lutheran, where everything is BIBLE based. There's no interpretation, no "well, this is what I think" stuff... it's all based upon God's word. And the best news I have for you is this: You can be a Christian, and a believer, and still smoke. It's not a "Sin" per se... it's just a destructive habit. One that will, once you find the peace of Christ's love, become less important to you. I went from 2 to 3 packs a day to NOTHING, and this month, it's been 6 years since my husband and I quit smoking.
    Truly, if you'd like to talk, IM me. I can help you find a church home, one where YOU go every week, as well as your kids. One where you feel welcomed, and cared for. We're ALL sinners, honey, but if you believe in Christ, and what HE did for you, you are saved. It's really that simple.
    judybant

Answer by judybant at 10:43 AM on May. 4, 2009