Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when is enough, enough!?

Okay So when is it time to try to take away all rights from birth mom? My sk are 7 and 10 and she is like the worst mother ever. she has had to pay no child support for the last 5 years. my sd has gone through some bad stuff with a boyfriend of hers, she has brought along about 13 men in the past 5 years all claiming to the kids that she was going to marry each one of them. And this past sunday the kids came back again with out being feed all day... this happens just a bout every sunday. she is in between men right now so she has no home adn the kids are staying with her family every other weekend. we are so frustrated. she is such a liar and claims to be the best mother and tells everyone we are crazy. 42 days of summer visitation is coming up. if she cant feed them two weekends out of the month.. hwo is she going to this summer. she just bought a new car and told them she has to make the payment. help. am i over reacting?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Take her to court for full custody until she can prove she has a stable home and food for those kids!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • If they are not being fed and are telling you this, then you need to call CSB right away. Neglect is a form of abuse! Get a good lawyer.

    Answer by salexander at 10:48 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • take her back to court and do not send the kids. No matter what!! If she has no money she will not take you back to court. Do not send the kids on the weekends too.

    Answer by gammie at 10:49 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • Call CPS on her. If she cannot feed the kids she doesn't need to have them. At that age the kids might be picking up on the fact it makes you happy to hear negatives about their mom. They could be making this up. My niece would tell her mom my brother and his new wife did not feed her, bath her and after a while said he molested her. My niece later admitted nothing happened she just loved the gifts her mom bought her when she said bad things about her dad. She did the same thing when she was at my brothers and my brother told her to respect her mom. He was arrested and finally cleared but his relationship is damaged with his daughter and she cannot come to his home. I would sit them down and really talk to them and make sure they are actually telling the truth. If they are take action.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

  • It also isn't as easy as just taking her to court. My mother and step dad fought for full custody and it took them 2 years even though twice child services were called by their mother's neighbors because they saw her there with not only my step siblings, but her 2 other kids with no heat (NE US in the winter), no running water, no toilet and only one bedroom. Child services came out twice and saw the conditions, but it took them actually catching their step father hitting one of his own kids to remove my stepsiblings and the other two children from the home.

    Answer by aeneva at 3:32 PM on May. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.