Are kneelers just for Catholics?

I think the only time I see a kneeler is in a Catholic Church. Any other denomination have them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• kneeler? you mean like kneeling in the alter to pray?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I think there are some other denominations that also kneel. Most don't though.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 10:58 AM on May. 4, 2009

• We have "kneelers" at our alter for communion in my Methodist church...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:19 AM on May. 4, 2009

• You mean those little benches on the back of the pews? If that's what you mean, I went to a Presbyterian church once for a piano recital that had those. But as far as getting on your knees at the altar, I think every Christian church believes in kneeling to pray at the altar.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:24 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I have seen them in Assembly of God and Pentecostal churches as well. I grew up in a Presbyterian church, and we never had any in ours.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:52 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Lutheran churches also have the kneelers... At least the 2 I belonged to ....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• then I stand corrected thanks ladies. I was talking about the ones on the back of the pew and have you kneel during service.
    Anonymous