Does anyone have a recipe for a protien bar?

I am tired of forking out tons of dough for the protien bars after I work out, and I would love to make a better for you version at home. Any one had luck?

mmoleader

Asked by mmoleader at 10:59 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Too Funny. I just talked to my husband about this last week. If you find one, let me know!

Have you heard of "Full Bar"? I'm sure its a bar with oats, honey, nuts, seeds, etc etc etc, and you eat one of these before you eat your meal with a full glass of water. I'd love to create one for myself. Prob. cost me more to make it, but its an interesting concept. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:36 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Got this off of LiftforLife.com. They have a few recipes on there that might interest you.

Protein Bar Recipe

By: Irononline Archive
    3 1/2 cups rolled oats
    1 1/2 cups dried milk
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    1 cup lite syrup
    2 scoops protein powder
    2 large egg whites or 1 egg
    11/4 cup orange juice
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup raisins or dried fruit and chopped

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Spread onto sheet, press cutting lines in to make 10 pieces. Bake 15 minutes untill golden brown, cut apart, then cool and wrap. Store airtight at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.

missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 6:39 AM on May. 5, 2009

• my mom makes one and she puts rolled oats, organic peanut butter, real maple syrup, and 2 scoops protein powder, rolls all that together and puts wax paper around it and puts it in the refigerador. sometimes she puts dry fruit or nuts in it. just depends on what you like. she is a herbalife junky.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:34 AM on May. 5, 2009