aM i WRONG?

It's been 6 1/2 weeks since I had my baby... My fiance and I have lived together for 5 weeks... Is it wrong of me to tell him I want to wait until our wedding night to have sex again... I know , I know... the deed was already done.... for ten years now actually; however, I thought it would be more special and romantic... we already waited this long without it. Plus, I'm trying to build a stronger relationship with the Lord and I just feel ashamed if I don't wait, even though the sin has already been commited (If any of my sisters in Christ could comment, please do). Am I just being a tease, living with him, and making him wait... we plan to marry soon one of these weekends when the weather is nice, in the park... our Pastor said we can give him just days notice... Please tell me your ideas...

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 11:01 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont think you are wrong...it is your choice.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:04 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I actually told my guy the same thing, that I want to wait to have sex 2 months before we get married. He said ok, I think if you could make him understand why, you will be fine, explain it to him, It will be hard but it's really not that long of a wait.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:04 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i completely agree with you. i plan on doing the same with my SO! it'll just mean so much more if we've waited... also, it could help to not only strengthen your relationship with the Lord, but with your fiance as well. just be nice with your teasing! don't make him crazy over it! haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 4, 2009

• IMO I think he should be living somewhere else. If you are going to live right then live right. Wait to live together and have sex until you are married. Go to the Courthouse if you have to ... you'll be just as married!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i understand your idea last anon... just I only live with him so that my daughter can have her father right there with her morning and night... i feel she deserves to have us both equally in her daily life
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:34 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Why don't you just go get married? You kind of got the cart before the horse so to speak and like anon31 said, you will be just as married if you go to the Courthouse. Make the situation right, for all of you.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 11:44 AM on May. 4, 2009

• By the way, would you have married him otherwise? If not, two wrongs don't make a right. I wish you all the best whatever you choose to do.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 11:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I dont think your wrong at all. But make sure you not walking around naked in front of him or even sleeping in the same bed. Thats not really fair to him, it is being a tease in that sense. But waiting isnt a bad thing, in fact I think its a pretty good idea.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:47 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yes we were engaged before the baby, and have been dating 11 years... marriage was always in the plan, just the plan got a lil of track when we got pregnant.... I would marry him tomorrow if he said let's go, just we wana do it on a really nice day in the park... not to hot, his mother has health issues, and not in the rain of course... it's been raining for ten days and of course we wanted to wait until the doc said its ok to have sex again so we can do what they do on wedding nights, n i just got the ok last week
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I think you are doing the right thing. It is more important that you be obedient to Christ then your SO feels hurt by it. But like others said, if you explain it to him like you have us, hopefully he will be supportive! I agree that you shouldn't sleep in the same bed. That is just making it hard on both of you! I will be praying for you.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:03 PM on May. 4, 2009