do you?

sometimes let your child run around with no diaper? i am trying to potty train my 18 month old and she will pee in her pot first thing in the morning but thats it the rest of the day. well i just had her on her pot made her sit there for a bit and nothing so i let her get up as soon as i put a pull up on her she peed ughhhh. i was thinking about letting her run around for a bit without a pull up and putting her on the pot like every fifteen to twenty minutes. what do you think?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:05 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This is how my uncle potty trained my cousin.. he ran around without a diaper on lol it worked for him :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:09 AM on May. 4, 2009

• honestly jodi that is what I did with Killian and it worked really well for me. in the beginning you will have to clean up some messes but he learned real quick. I just kept at it. Every 15-20 minutes in the beginning I kept putting him on the potty, and then I would space it out a little bit more...and now he is doing really well.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 11:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I did that with my oldest and it worked pretty well. I still let her run naked and she is three now. She hates clothes.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:22 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I just let them wear undies that they thought were cool.. It seemed to work, they were easy to train, they didn't want to get them yukky..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:40 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I would let them do it from time to time, but for the most part we used those thick cotton training undies from Walmart/Target. I don't believe in pull ups because I don't think they are much different than a diaper other than more expensive and you get less in a package. I think just like a diaper it is giving them permission to pee in them. If they really feel the wet then they get the idea faster. Good luck. When mine have a diaper rash they run diaperless all the time to air out.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I did that with all 3 of my girls when it was just me home alone with them.
    It is also the best way to keep their diaper area aired out to prevent any yeast infections and diaper rashes.
    The little ones love it, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We did that with both our kids and they potty trained fairly quickly. Also try to not use the pull ups but underwear instead.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:37 PM on May. 4, 2009