THE FATHER OF MY SON SMOKED WEED AND DID PILLS DURING THE TIME I CONCIEVED IS MY BABY GOING TO BE OK?

janelle88

Asked by janelle88 at 11:07 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, most likely. Everything will be fine.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:09 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes. Those things can lower a man's sperm count and effect sperm quality, but if one was healthy enough to fertilize your egg then it was fine :)

You don't want your baby around that stuff, though, and I'm pretty sure that second hand pot smoke is bad for pregnant women, so I'd stay clear of him until he quits.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• as long as YOU arent doing those things while pregnant, the baby will be fine.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:18 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Weed will not hurt you're baby. The ONLY POSSIBLE thing it COULD do is maybe limit the amount of oxygen the baby receives. BUT that is ONLY if the pregnant woman is smoking it. Other than that it will cause no ill effects to your unborn child.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:18 AM on May. 4, 2009

• The only thing that can have an effect on a man's sperm (on tthe DNA) is LSD... so as long as he wasn't doing that the baby will be fine. Pot can decrease sperm count and make them a little slower (I always thought it might make them look funny too, but I've never come across anything saying that) but it does not effect the DNA.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• your baby will be just fine
    mrsrock27

Answer by mrsrock27 at 10:38 PM on May. 9, 2009