C0-Sleeping is coming to an end.

Within the next week my son will be getting his own bed. The dilemma is with the blankets. My fiance and I use separate blankets (woke up cold too many times). The blanket my son and I share is my "blankie", a full size sleeping bag, I've had since I was a wee little girl. On the same token though my son has slept with or on this blanket since day one.

The question is, should I give him my "blankie" when he leaves our bed and try to find a new blanket or should I get him his very own new blanket for his new bed?

BTW, if it helps he is 18 months and just about 3 feet tall, so he will need a normal sized blanket regardless.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 11:07 AM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• It depends on if he is attached to the blankie or not. I have a silk sheet that my grandma gave to me when I was a little girl.. I sleep with it and am super attached to it even to this day. More so now that my grandma passed away. If he is very attached, I would give it up. If he isn't, then buy him a new blanket... and maybe let him sleep with yours as well for the first few nights for additonal comfort.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:12 AM on May. 4, 2009

• awww mythic doesnt want to give up her blankie lol just kidding see if you can get something like it his size.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:16 AM on May. 4, 2009

• If it will ease his transition then get yourself a new blankie. If he is not that attached to it, maybe he wants to pick out his own blankie for his new big boy bed.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would talk with him. He may want his own "blankie" now that he is a big boy and he may well want to hold onto yours. I also wouldn't cross my fingers about him sleeping in his big boy bed right away either. It took us quite a while to get our 18 month old into his own bed
    Anonymous

• Good luck getting him in his own bed. I would take him out now and buy a new blankie for him and start him sleeping with it now. Its hard to get them out of your bed, I know I am in the middle of it now. One thing I suggest is start really talking it up about his own big boy bed. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:16 AM on May. 5, 2009