Have you tried this to get a tick out?

I just received this email from a friend that says that to get a tick out you should apply liquid soap to a cotton ball and rub it all over the tick. The tick should come out in 10-15 seconds on it's own and will be stuck to the cotton ball.

Have you tried this? Would it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ditto Anon :12. We live in the woods and have dealt with way more ticks this season already than I would care to. ...tweezers, get a good grip and pull firmly. Don't yank or wiggle, just a firm straight pull and it will pop out. I pulled one off my daughter, one off my arm and several off my cat. Yuck.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:21 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i read that doing that and the hot match and all that could irritate the tick and send it further into the skin. the best way to remove a tick is to get a pair of good tweezers grasp it as close to the skin as possible pull gently but firmly without wiggeling the tweezers and it should come out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree tweezers are the best way to go. Get down in there though, you don't want to pull the body off the head or it does no good and then you have to dig deeper to get the head out...this is really grossing me out btw lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:42 AM on May. 4, 2009