Paul

Am I the only one that does not like Paul? I am not understanding how he is quoted more often than Jesus. How did that happen? I am of the belief that Paul had some serious issues, and was kinda crazy. Why is it that we listen to what he has to say? That, and how is he considered an Apostle, when he was not an original follower of Jesus?

Gretchen2876

Asked by Gretchen2876 at 11:10 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Were we original followers of Jesus? ....People change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 4, 2009

• True, but I have also never heard anyone refer to themselves as an Apostle either.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 11:22 AM on May. 4, 2009

• http://www.wordwiz72.com/paul.html
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• LOL! I have to say, Paul wasn't really my favorite either. I prefer to read the words of Jesus and follow the commandments and rules he gave, rather than those of the apostles.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:47 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Paul isn't the only person in the Bible who wasn't considered a follower of God or Christ. I have no issues with him. Each writer in the Bible is unique. They're not all cookie-cutter.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:51 AM on May. 4, 2009

• oh I LOVE Paul. ...... He speaks on Grace and that is a message God wanted to get out. God dramatically transformed Paul and through that change he passionately wrote letters to the churches.... remember these were letters written as an apostle to encourage, uplift and correct the body of Christ. Paul is a follower of Christ after His Resurrection.
    Paul was used mightily and spoke God's words of Life so it is still the words of Jesus spoken but the unction of the Holy Spirit. Each writer was appointed for a reason and God chose whom He thought best to carry out His word and wisdom and knowledge!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/paul.html

Interesting things concerning Paul...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You weren't specific in what your issues are with Paul.

I personally have absolutely no issues with him and see from his writing how brilliant he was. As far as Paul being quoted more than Jesus...Jesus came to bring the message of salvation to sinners. God appointed Paul afterwards and his writings are mostly about Christian doctrine. Since most of the questions are about Christian doctrine, I would expect you to see Paul quoted more. It just depends on what the person is asking.
    john1_1

Answer by john1_1 at 12:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• By the way, the word apostle means "sent". Very simple. Paul called himself an apostle because he was sent.
    john1_1

Answer by john1_1 at 12:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• He does come across kind of misogynistic. He is not a favorite of mine.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 12:41 PM on May. 4, 2009