Whats a good spread for toast,thats healthy for my 13 month old??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe jam-i dont really know how healthy it is but my son loves to eat toast with grape jam on it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:26 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Smucker's Simply fruit has no added sugars. All-Fruit, too (don't remember who makes it) is the same way.

Just stick with grape until he/she gets used to textured food, though. They live up to their name --- they're real fruit -- so with strawberry, apricot, etc you'll find chucks of fruit in the spread.

(they're really good, too)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Peanut Butter is what I use for my 16 month old and she loves it.
    NewMommYat16

Answer by NewMommYat16 at 12:36 PM on May. 4, 2009

• hi, my son is 14 mo and he looooves sunflower seed butter, you can get it at trader joes and its reasonably priced as opposed to almond butter... just be sure there's no problem with allergies first. Also any low-suger or no added sugar jams/preserves are great, or try a little melted cheese like Kraft singles!
    hottpinkjess

Answer by hottpinkjess at 12:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• jelly,jam,cream cheese,hummus,and cheese !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• if you mash up bananas on toast that is super good, or a little peanut butter and honey. pretty much any fruit that is ripe will smash up with a fork and you can smear it on the toast.
    fabulosa

Answer by fabulosa at 3:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Sun butter (made from sunflower seed, hummus, mashed avocado with a slice of tomato (my lunch today), mashed beans

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on May. 4, 2009