Smoking

Anyone here smoke while pregnant. I was a serious smoker before getting pregnant. I smoked over a pack a day and I cut it down to less then a half a pack. So did anyone smoke and something bad happended to their baby? I just want to know my baby is okay. And I know alot of you will be like well just dont smoke. I tried. I really did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• I smoked with both of mine. I quit for the first three months with my first, and smoked the whole time with my second. They are both fine. It was stressful for me both times so it was really hard to quit, couldn't do it. I don't recommend smoking tho. It scared me to think i might've harmed by babies. I was lucky i guess. Quit if you can. Cut down at the least. Good luck.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I hate to admit it, but I smoked during my whole pregnancy. I had every intention of quitting, and I did cut down, however, the stress level in my life made it pretty much impossible for me to quit. I did quit the second I went into labor, and I barely ever want a cigarette anymore. Having my son around gives me the distraction and reason that I need to not smoke. If you can't quit, cut down as much as you can.
    MrsJacqueline

Answer by MrsJacqueline at 11:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• And your baby was perfectly fine? Did you have premature labor. I have alot of stress as well. It is very hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I hate to say it but if you want a very healthy baby STOP SMOKING! Doesn't it stress you out more to know or rather not know what your doing to your baby!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I would never do it but my friend smoked occasionally throughout her entire pregnancy and you know the one glass of wine rule? Well she also had a few to many but her baby came out fine.
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 12:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My friend smoked while preg. and went into labor at 5 1/2 months preg. the baby died in the doctors arms. she switched to ultra light and tried to smoke less while preg... You never know what could happen, you will have to read the risks online.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Did they say her baby died due to her smoking?
    Anonymous

• well they know it didn't help...it was premature labor..I can't say it was the only cause, but the baby was small for its "age". Don't some mothers smoke during pregnancy and have healthy babies?

A: They are the lucky ones! If a woman smokes during pregnancy she takes a big chance with her baby's health. There is a greater chance that she will lose the baby during pregnancy. The baby could also be born too early, before the lungs are ready, so he or she will have trouble breathing.
    http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=33573
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i smoked about 8 cigs a day with both my kids and theyare fine first weighed 8.4 and second 9.9
    Anonymous