Why didn't Jesus?

OK, so it's fairly obvious that Jesus could read. As per the story of him reading and speaking with the high Preists whenb he was 12. So, why didn't Jesus himself write the New Testement?

Gretchen2876

Asked by Gretchen2876 at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Probably because God wanted more than one person's view in the Bible so that we would know there were many followers of Jesus and that he was a real person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 4, 2009

• OK, but why isn't there a "Book of Jesus"?
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 11:27 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Because the bible was written by modern man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that in the New Testament, in different books, Jesus is quoted, so they wouldn't need a book of Jesus?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't know, that's a very good question. The only thing I can think of is that Jesus is quoted in different books of the New Testament. He's kind of in every book, so he didn't need to write his own book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• You would think a great prophet like that would write down his thoughts. Good question!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:41 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I guess my question isn't really whether or not it would be necessary. Personally though, I would have loved to see his thoughts, in his own words and books. How profound would that have been?!
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 11:43 AM on May. 4, 2009

• From my knowledge, the gospels were all written by the apostles after the death of Jesus, in honor of His memory and to teach the new disciples about what he did in life.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:46 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Isn't the new testament the testimonies of people who have seen Jesus at work? I think Jesus had His job and did His job well. God appointed other's to do the job of writing.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:49 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Like I have said before when this question was asked a week ago or so.
    This was about Jesus and God chose and appointed certain people to write about His Son and spoke through them. So in a sense Jesus did write it.. just through man.

Yes Jesus was already risen when these texts were written.
    His thoughts were written down and if you read the OT you will find His thoughts through out the bible. Jesus and God are written about from beginning to end. His thoughts are there! He did write the Ten Commands too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:14 PM on May. 4, 2009