Help me wean my 16 month old!

Nola Grace will be 17 months this month. I'm greatful to have had the chance to give her breatmilk this long, but she is plenty old enough now an I want my boobs back lol. She only has boob at nap an bed time only an has been on a bottles since 3-4 mo. old because we had to supplement her with formula but is now using cups almost full time for a few months now with juice an regualr milk. I'd like to get her weaned completely but I have no idea how to really go about it cause I use it to get her to sleep easily an she is in such a routine at nap an bed time is booby time!

Do I cut her off an tell her booby is all gone? Help Please!!!

Nolas.Mommy

Asked by Nolas.Mommy at 11:29 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try getting to cups with the soft tip, and giving her milk in that while she falls asleep
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:35 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I weaned my 13 months old last month. I actually started cutting down the feeding by a few minutes eachtime. And luckily, my son was ready too. Eachtime he would lose interest a little bit more and after a few days he didn't want anything to with my boobs! : D GL
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:46 AM on May. 4, 2009

• The best way is drop feedings gradually. The last feedings to go are usually nights / naps. I wouldn't do it cold turkey.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months.
    Give her a sippy cup (Sigg or other stainless steel) with water, and make sure that she is eating a good variety of healthy foods: sweet potatoes, blueberries, tofu, cooked beans, avocado, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on May. 4, 2009