my dr told me that i must not sleep on my right side or on my back side during my pregn. sleep on my left with a pillow between my leg.. but i still cant help to sleep on my right and on my back..who can give me some advice on that..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to do that when in my pregnancy my blood pressure was high. It helped my kidneys drain better.
    get long sofa pillows from kmart or some such store and keep them behind you to help you stay on your left side more. hope you're ok!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Your femural vein is larger on your left side than your right, so you have better blood flow when you lay on your left side. The pillow is to help with back, hip, and leg discomfort.

Through my whole pregnancy I could not sleep on my left side. Only on my right. It didn't matter how many hours I laid there, I just couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:58 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Get a body pillow - works wonders, even though you'll never be superduper comfy. I think they're about $20, I got one from Bed/Bath/Beyond. Don't forget to get a pillowcase for it as well!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 12:32 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I always sleep on my right side. It was suggested to me to sleep on my left because of the blood flow, but you cant do that all the time. It will cause your joints and your hip to hurt. Just try moderation. A litte on the right and then on the left. Sleeping on your back is super uncomfy when your pregnant. but it wont hurt you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My doctor told me that it is just better if you sleep on your left side. She said that if you can't get comfortable to trying propping your right side up with a pillow under your right side of your butt (if you sleep on your back), just to make sure that you keep the uterus off of the vein that runs down your back. I didn't try it, but that is what she suggested. I ended up getting a body pillow ($9 at Wal-Mart, its really comfy) and I flip sides all night long. the pillow helped a little tho for sure.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 3:57 PM on May. 4, 2009