Saving packaged diapers?

my daughter is almost 7 weeks old, and I don't plan on having another baby for about 2 years, but can I save the diapers she doesn't use for her future sibling? See, I had a "diaper raffle" at my baby shower and got a crap load of diapers (no pun intended..haha) anyway I have so many, if she grows out of a size can I save the ones I have left over, packaged and everything, for two years, or do they go bad or something... sorry if this sounds silly, i just really don't know.

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 11:41 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• you can save them. never say you won't get pregnant. you never know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 4, 2009

• They will not go bad. Though if you are planning on having more than one, cloth is definitely the way to go; you can save even more buying them used in a second hand shop or on ebay or craigslist; I see them passed around on freecycle a couple of times a month, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• You can bring them to walmart and get the next size up. Diapers take up a lot of space and I would think that mice and squirrels would like to nom nom nom them up.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I saved diapers for my son after my daughter was born. They were 100% fine, even the ones that weren't in the package anymore. So they were stored in the closet for about 3 years....
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I wouldnt keep them. I just hate storing stuff like that. How about either exchanging them at walmart or donating them to a family who needs them right now? Just a thought.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I think if it is a full pkg I would return them to walmart and get a store credit. If it is an open pkg you could store them..or by the time your dd is 2 she will be putting them on her babydolls. All of them would keep, but you don't need a receipt to get a store credit at walmart.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:02 PM on May. 4, 2009