i have Group B strep

found out today I have group b strep I am 38 wks and have too be treatd for this while having the baby!!
This is NOT a STD.. Im still scared... Its found in 20 to 40 % of the female population and is common is preggo women !!

anyone else have this while preggo? please help!! im scared

ashley_nick30

Asked by ashley_nick30 at 11:45 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had it to. Its jsut something you have that had to treat me for it beforei gave birth. BUT BEWARE make sure that traet you as soon as you start dialating going into full labor because that have to treat you before they give you the epideral. I didn't get the epideral until i was 5 cm because they had to wait
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 11:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i had that too. it goes away after baby is born. all they do is give you anti biotics while in labor. no biggie at all sweetie. lol
    Itssambaybee

Answer by Itssambaybee at 11:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i had it to its really nothing to worry about just make sure that you mention it when you get to the hospital. its really nothing.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 12:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i had it too. it really is no big deal . i was scared too though. lol no worries momma-you and the baby will be fine. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Hi there sweetie...I had it too. It really is NO BIG DEAL. Of course, get to the hospital as soon as you can so they can start the IV antibiotics. Other than that, there were no problems for me as well when it came to the Group Beta Strep. Good Luck hun. No Worries. :)
    Metalvr24

Answer by Metalvr24 at 12:12 PM on May. 4, 2009