Are you too young to be pregant with your second child when you 20?

This is a question for personal use. My husband wants to get pregnant with our second child and i am only 20, 21 in November. Our daughter is 10 months.

dianna1121

Asked by dianna1121 at 11:53 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when do YOU want to get pregnant again? it is your choice...not his.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:55 AM on May. 4, 2009

• im ready for my 2nd ill be 20 next month..
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree with first responder. Get pregnant cause it's right for your body your emotions your baby. Two babies in diapers and the sicknesses they share and pass around is hard as it is with kids more spaced. But at least less diapers and teething and numbers of kids in terrible twos have to be dealt with with more space in between kids. Is any one at home with baby during the day, yourself or your husband? Why is he pushing for a second baby now?
    Anonymous

• i turned 22 may 1st lol.. I am almost 38 weeks pregnant with our second. I think you should get pregnant when you want don't let your age play a role in the decision. :) my children will be 28-29 months apart. Perfect for me :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:04 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My mom had 3 kids by the she was 21. My MIL had three by the time she was 20. Ideally, I would have had a second child a year ago ( I would have been 20) unfortunately I'm probably not able to have more.

I don't see any problem with it, but like evryone else has said, its up to you.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i would love another one and i would like them close together. i guess you can say i am nervous. i didn't enjoy pregnancy, and i am scared of what my parents will think.
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 12:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't think you are too young. It's your body and you run things.
    I'm having my first at 20 and not planning on more until I'm 25 or so..
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• its up to you, but jsut know that 2 is about 100 times harder than having 1!! i learned that quickly....tho it is a lot of fun!! and its a lot easier to find a sitter for jsut 1 than it is for 2. especially when you will be turning 21 and you might hit a stage where you do want some freedom, and time to go out and be young! jsut something to keep in mind as you try and make the decision! Good luck, and if you do try for another one, have fun tyring!! lol!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• its up to you and your dh. i'm 24 and cant imagine having two kids (but im not married either). do what works for you two.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:30 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I'm 20 y/o and will be 21 in September and my husband (the crazy one) is talking about having a third when he is back from his deployment! I have a 26 m/o and a 15 m/o (11 months apart) and am very burned out on babies. I would say this before you make your decision...are you financially well off to have another baby? Are you patient enough to deal with a toddler and a screaming newborn? Just remember how much work a newborn is. You would want to make sure you are really healthy before taking it on. It is hard. At 20 y/o, I still get VERY exhausted. I love having my kids as close together as they are, but it is very hard some days.

I would just really do a lot of thinking. You will get a lot of bad rap for having kids young like that. I have doctors and adults talk to me like I'm a moron, but if you are strong, you CAN do it. :) You just can't let people get to you.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:52 PM on May. 4, 2009