My 13 month olds crib broke. Should I put him in the pack and play or just move him to a toddler bed?

I don't want to get another crib.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends on if you are comfotable with it. Can he walk? and if so can he climb out of the bed by himself? toddler beds are low to the floor which is nice, but will still scare him if he does roll out. but if you feel he is ready go for it! you can always go back to the pack in play if it doesnt work. and if neither do, contact the maker of the crib....or watch garage sales to jsut get a cheap one for now, since you wont be using it for long.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Personally, I'd find another crib. or get your current crib fixed. I think 13 months is too young to try to move to a bed but admittedly, a lot depends on the child. Pack-n-play may work short term but it's smaller and less comfortable than a crib.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be comfortable with a toddler bed, but my daughter is a trasher in her sleep. If you do try the toddler bed, make sure she can't get out of her room and put something soft, blankets maybe down on the floor where she would be likely to roll out to if she did roll out. I would say a salvation army or a garage sale crib would be your best option right now. You will probably use it for less time than you did your original crib, and it is safer than a toddler bed, and more stable than a pack and play. I would use the pack and play until I could find an inexpensive crib.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:20 PM on May. 4, 2009