• In the Spotlight:

props to single moms

How do single moms do it? I have a 4 week old, my husband is deployed and Im living w/ my mother (not really all that helpful w/ baby)and I have no friends where I live(we all moved back to our homes when DH's deployed). I could not imagine doing this by myself and not having a set time when Im done being a single mom(6 months from now for me).

You truely single moms need to be more recognized for all that you do and the ones that have very little or no support/family/friends around should be recognized even more...I completely respect all of you single moms out there

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree, I've always wondered how they could do it. I'm about to become a single mother of three year old twins (through divorce) and I'm scared out of my mind. Kudos to all of you who have done a great job on your own.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My husband is deployed as well, and I'm a "single mom" to a 26 m/o and a 15 m/o. The closest friend I have lives an hour from me, all my family is 14 hours away. It is a very hard job, but I think it's probably even harder for actual single moms b/c I have a steady income being a SAHM (Thank God!) and I know quite a few single moms who work their asses off to support themselves and their child(ren). PROPS TO SINGLE MOMMIES! YOU ROCK!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes that is soooooo true- i wouldnt be able to do it... hold down a job and raise the kids all on ur own? thats tuff- and i also give them props!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Thank you! I'm glad to see someone giving single-mom props! I got pregnat when I was 17, and in high school. I still look back try to figure out how I did it all; school, work, a baby. One thing that was the hardest was loosing friends, because not many of them understood. I'm now with a wonderful guy (we aren't married yet), and have a baby together & my oldest son calls him dad (he took the daddy roll in his life). Life didn't turn out how I thought it would, but I don't think I'd change it if I got the chance!!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 3:45 AM on May. 5, 2009