Mommy's Day

what are you ladies doing for mothers day? i just became a mommy in feburary so im clueless lol.
any my i dont think my boyfriend even realizes that mothers day now includes me so how am i supposed to remind him that i AM a mommy now. lol. I didnt even realize im now included in mothers day until today. lol

Itssambaybee

Asked by Itssambaybee at 12:09 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dont celebrate it. Apparently, since Im not his mother my dh doesnt think its worth even mentioning.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• but you ARE A mommy.... wtf. i'd be pissed.
    Itssambaybee

Answer by Itssambaybee at 12:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Weather permitting I'm going to have a cookout for my mom. And just spend the day with my daughter if its pretty I might have a pic nic for us in our back yard. Won't get my present that day thought it's out getting made its a necklace with my dd's picture on it!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Still recovering from surgery and maybe going to my inlaws for dinner.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 12:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• nothing. my ex forgot about our sons birthday last week so the chances that he'll remember mothers day are pretty slim. ill probably go to lunch with my son and my mom.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I was hurt at first but now Im only a little peeved about it.
    My dad was the same way towards my mom. Apparently many have that thinking.

Since his mom is dead and he cant celebrate with her....no need to anymore. One of these days maybe he'll pull his head out.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I will prolly just spend it like every other day b/c my hubby is deployed. Last mother's day, we went out as a family to eat at a restaurant of my choice, I got to drive (LOL) and we went shopping after that. :) I was spoiled.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• BTW. I'm starting to wonder if my husband is the only husband who was given a sensitivity chip when he was born! We celebrate Father's Day too. With his favorite foods that I make and I got him a video game that he didn't know was out and he about shit his pants.

But back to the sensitivity thing, I think that it is so awful that if you can celebrate birthdays, christmas, halloween, july 4th and all that, that mother's day isn't important. Same with Father's day. They are days to celebrate your parents AND being a parent!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:36 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Oh we celebrate Fathers Day. He doesnt wanna but I make sure the boys give him something like a picture they colored and a card or something like that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We can't afford anything so I'm hoping the weather cooperates and we can go to a nice park or something to spend some time together.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:04 PM on May. 4, 2009