Will a doctor un-tie your tubes if you have already had four ce-sections.

I have four children,all were delivered by ce-section.I got my tubes tied and now I want to untie them to have another one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Did you ask several practices? Some might, some might not. I've had three sections and my tubes are tied. The sections were to have the baby out of the uterus and the tubes were another part of your body. I doubt it matters that you were sectioned or not. I'd even get phone opinions or consults from fertility expert practices. Getting successfully pregnant could depend on how your tubes were closed exactly and scar tissue. I think you should get your tubal surgical papers and with them in hand call around or get some opinions in person from different docs. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• I would keep in mind even after reversal it takes time to get pregnant. I had my tubes untied 5 mos. ago. My tubes are healthy and im ovulating but not pregnant yet. My Dr. said within 1 month I would be pregnant(didn't happen) But I have read it takes usually 6mos to a year to happen. I dont see why they wouldn't do a reversal for you though. They had to give me a long incision above my pubic line to do reversal. I wish you luck!(things will work out) :-)
    kerriboberrie

Answer by kerriboberrie at 6:11 PM on May. 5, 2009