Is there any meal plans out there to help me lose weight? Any other ideas?

Just wondering if anyone has been successful in losing weight by a meal plan.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• try the Hinernation Diet book
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Hibernation sorry
    2mothershelpers

• A simple cutting of the calories will work. You need 2,000 calories a day on a moderate activity level to maintain your current body weight. 1lb of fat = 3500 calories...therefore, if you cut 500 calories from your diet daily, you will lose 1lb a week.

Remember that your weight fluctuates throughout the day, so weigh yourself at the same time daily.

Don't go under 1,000 calories without the advise of a doctor. It is very unhealthy.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Drink your water. At least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat your fruits and vegetables 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat your whole grains 7 servings a day.
    Cut back on, or eliminate meat and dairy; eat beans and lentils. Let me know if you would like recipes.
    More information, along with meal plans and recipes here: http://www.drmcdougall.com/about.html

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I have been on Weight watchers for 6 weeks and already lost 19.5 lb!!!!! You should try it! Its slow comfortablw weight loss. You feel good all the time, not starving, not exhausted, no diet nonsense. You learn the whole point in a few days and then its effortless. I dont even have to try to stay within my points values any more. I am just losing weight living my normal life. I definitely recommend weight watchers online!
    Mybblz

Answer by Mybblz at 11:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I follow the South Beach meal plan. I lost 7 lbs. during the 1st two weeks and 6 1/2 inches from my waist. My doctor recommended it for me. The book that I have has specific meal plans so that you don't have to think about what to eat, and it has recipes for tasty meals. I'm never hungry, tired, or have cravings.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:54 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Check out SparkPeople.com It's a free site and really emphasizes the "lifestyle change" as opposed to "diet". I recommend it to every one (It's like CM for weight loss!)
    Groovy-flor

Answer by Groovy-flor at 2:53 PM on May. 6, 2009