What is the best way to lose a fast 15 pounds? I more then understand the healthy way to lose weight, but I have hit a plateau and cannot get past it, even with eating less calories and fats and exercise?

AmyClauss

Asked by AmyClauss at 12:37 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet pills ... 2 day diet worked very well for my sister inlaw she last 17 pounds in 2 weeks
    I would love to try the 2 day diet my self but i dont have enough money :(
    Anonymous

• well muscle burns fat. Try not to focus on the # on the scale but how you look. Do more reps of your weight training and may include some aerobics....NOT diet pills there is nothing healthy about them....and are gonna take them the rest of your life to keep the result? Losing weight has to be a complete commitment to lifestyle change> Check out Oxygen Magazine, it has lots of great information for all needs of fitness.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 1:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• NO diet pills,please! there is NEVER an easy quick solution. Anything quick is going to come back if you dont stick to it FOREVER. Just add some weigh or more reps and drink lots of water...
    Anonymous

• I have always found that If I had been dieting and exercising and I hit a plateau a day or two of eating "normally" helped boost my metabolism. Don't binge or anything, just treat yourself.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Are you drinking your water? At least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Are you eating your fruits and vegetables? 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Are you eating your whole grains? 7 servings a day.
    Cut back on, or eliminate meat and dairy; eat beans and lentils. Let me know if you would like recipes.
    More information, along with meal plans and recipes here: http://www.drmcdougall.com/about.html

Answer by rkoloms at 5:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Heres a link to Prevention. I found this today and plan on starting this 14 day routine of excellent cardio and also strength training. 2-Week Total Body Turnaround  Its esp. for those that are hitting a plateau or those who need a quick and fast blast to get them started on their way.  :)  I'm down to my last 13 pounds, so i'm hoping this might do a fuel burn for me too.  :)

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Increase your calories. Hitting a plateau is common when you don't eat enough calories while losing weight. You need calories to burn calories.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Do something different than what you have been doing. Mix things up somewhere in your eating & in your exercise routine. I would stay away from the diet pills though. Have you ever tried drinking apple cider vinegar? You might want to give that a try for a week or two.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 6:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• a whole body cleanse may help you. (this is not like diet pills, it's completely natural and absolutely healthy). let me know if you want more info
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 2:36 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Cut out all sugar from your diet. It is considered phase 1 of south beach but I just do that to get me started. Learned it from my Anatomy & Phisiology professor. 2 weeks=15lbs! I requires a lot of tuna though so I hope you like that!
    Brennensmommy

Answer by Brennensmommy at 8:23 PM on May. 5, 2009