Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Convertible Carseats And DD.

So my question is this...My DD's sperm donor pays 300 a month for child support, and usually we buy her everything she needs out of that. But now we are looking at convertible carseats, which we will have to invest in shortly, and I was wondering what is the right way to do this....Should I ask Sperm donor to pay for some of the carseat, plus his normal child support, or just get child support and pay for it ourself?
As a side note, he never buys her anything. Just gives us child support...


Asked by Sparta. at 12:41 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • i would ask if he can contribute, but technically all he has to pay is child support and you are supposed to cover any other expenses she has beyond it. so he doesn't have to pay for the car seat, there are cheaper ones at walmart/target that are just as fine as the bigger name brands. but if you aren't on good terms with him it'll probably cause a fight if you do ask.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 12:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

  • Unfortunately he is only required to pay support. That money is for what u need. If ur on good terms u can ask. I wouldn't hold my breath

    Answer by calliesmommie at 12:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

  • I just used the CS to buy my sons car seat. You can ask if he is willing to help out but I knew in our case that would just be a waste of my time and energy.

    Answer by Chandra034 at 12:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

  • Thank you mamas! We are on good terms for the most part. We still remain friends, but other issues get us both up in arms sometimes, but we always get over it, and are cool. I think I will ask him for some help with it if he wants too, cause I also have to buy a highchair too lol. Just ask if he can afford to help out a little bit more this month, for these expenses. Next month he is going to start paying 400. (That's because he'll get seperation pay for being deployed.) So if I can't get it this month, I can next month lol.

    Answer by Sparta. at 12:58 PM on May. 4, 2009