Help! baby is 8 months old and I have no milk!

She hasn't been wetting diapers nearly enough (at most 2 a day for a couple days), and I don't have milk. She's not nursing as long and gets cranky and I can't see any milk whatsoever, and I don't feel any let down. But she won't take formula. What can I do? I don't want her to starve!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she wont take the formula,.then you can start solids.maybe try juice andmaybe in a couple of days your breastmilk will come back,.try pumping more,.maybe that will help.
    Anonymous

• Maybe try a different formula. I would call the doc though. U don't want her to get dehydrated
    Anonymous

• She won't get the nutrients from solids. She needs some fluids
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• there is some tea that my friend uses (she had that problem) and now she pumps extra every day!
    Anonymous

• I've tried the tea and it never made a difference. I've tried all the tricks and I just don't have much milk, if any.
    Anonymous

• Drink lots of water. Take brewers yeast tabs. Nurse very often. Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby. Relax!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Go to GNC and get tablets called Fenugreek...take 9 a day, fromt hem you can get Mothers milk tea from them too drink 3-5 cups daily, eat oatmeal like crazy...

Are these really wet 2 diapers? if so they count as 4 diapers and things aren't as bad as they seem.

Do you have any stored milk? Use it...if not do you know any other BFing moms...get some of their milk to use.

Could you be pregnant because the only way for supply to drop this bad is hormone issues.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:49 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If u try all these things in the meantime she needs fluids. And I've never heard that 2 wet diapers count as four. Some people say 6-8 is good and now all of a sudden 2 is ok?? I don't think so. If her baby is hungry and God forbid she has to use *gasp* formula it will be ok. Geez u BFing nazis would rather see a baby starve than be given formula.
    Anonymous

• That tea doesn't do anything unless u drink like 15 cups a day. And that's coming from a LC. They make a supplement called Lactoflow and its only sold online. It has helped me a lot.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• OP here, anon thanks so much for understanding that even though I'd like to continue nursing, I'm not going to starve my child and I can't believe how many people have even suggested it.

Anyway, I was mostly looking for help on how to get her to take the formula.
    Anonymous