• In the Spotlight:

Whats the worse christmas anyone has had?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The first Christmas after I filed for Divorce. I had NO money and a 2 year old. It was super sad. Luckily, I did have a couple people (an aunt and a friend) who DID help, but it sucked that I couldn't do it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son's 2nd Christmas. I was single and on my own and had no money. I borrowed a tree but it only had a few ornaments on it. I couldn't buy my son anything cause all the money I made went to bills and rent. He got stuff from my mom but that was it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The Christmas of '98. I was still living with my parents and our house caught fire at about 10:30 pm Christmas Eve. Luckily for us nobody was injured, and we were able to save all the Christmas presents. (They were on the other side of the house, covered in soot, but the wrapping paper saved the stuff inside. When we opened everything, we couldn't touch anything because our hands were pitch black from the soot.) But we pretty much lost the house and most everything inside. We were essentially homeless for the next six months while things were being rebuilt.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• 2006 Christmas eve we lost our baby

Anonymous

• Then in 2000, a few days before Christmas my dad fell out of a tree and broke his back (nearly paralyzed himself). We spent that Christmas in the hospital, so it pretty much sucked!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i have had a few. one before my dd was born my b/f at the time left with out telling me to go to his parents house for x mas dinner my parents were to far away and i had no car. so i sat there alone all day and most of the night. and i was hungry cause we couldnt buy food. the 2nd was when my dd was 3 i had no money all my money went to rent and what food i could buy. thankfuly i had a friend give me her xmas tree ( im a x mas freak ) and thought it was sad i couldnt get one knowing how much i love them and as an early x mas gift to me i got some money from friends to buy my dd a few gifts. wasent alot but me and dd were happy and thankful for all the kindness and the help. but agree with diva320 it sucks when u cant do it yourself and its hard.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Last Christmas. It was actually a very nice Christmas, but it was the first Christmas, and I'm sure not the last, that my husband hadn't been home. He is in Iraq deployed with the army right now. I felt so bad for him. He really wanted to be there for our kids, even though they are too young to remember.

His father walked out on his mom and other three siblings before Christmas with nothing and he works so hard to not be like his father. My husband always says how he hates that he is deployed and he feels like he is becoming his father. Except that he is doing a brave courageous thing to support us and his father was a douchebag and up and left his family because he was coward.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I'd have to say it was the Christmas of '95. I was nine years old and had the flu. That sucked.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My husband's aunt died and her funeral was on Christmas Eve. That was a really weird Christmas. Everyone was in a real funk. It was hard to keep my MIL cheered up.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The one in 1978. My mom and 4 y/o brother had died in a car accident in September of that year and the rest of us kids got torn apart to separate homes where we were all abused. Also, we weren't allowed to see any of our extended family because my bio-father thought it in our best interest if all ties were cut so we wouldn't keep on remembering our mother and brother. What an ass.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:48 PM on May. 4, 2009