Has anyone been subjected to verbal abuse from strangers poking their nose in your business?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and I barked crazily at them and made them think twice about approaching strangers to yell at them.
    Anonymous

• Don't let them people are nosey thats why what happens in my house stays in my house

Anonymous

• That I would prefer over relatives. I'd never have to deal with the thought of seeing a stranger again.
    Anonymous

• Depends on if I am being extremely loud to cause the attention. If someone finds it necessary to give me advice or tell me I am wrong for my parenting choices then I tell them once she is your child then you can make her decisions and until then mind your own damn business. If I am being loud and rude then its my own fault.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes I have. One time I was putting gas in my car and noticed a woman on the other side of my car kept looking in my windows. I said "Can I help you?" And she made some remark about my son sitting in the car with the windows rolled up. She didn't see that I had the passenger windows rolled down so the wind wouldn't blow in his face. But I didn't feel the need to justify myself to her so I said something along the lines of thank you for your concern but mind your own business. And she got all huffy and said "Well I'm just trying to save a childs life!" Like I left him in the car for hours! I mean ok she's concerned but she went about it the wrong way so I walked up to her and asked her "Did I ask for your advice?" I was just pissed she was insinuating I would put my son in danger. She turned around and walked away without running her mouth anymore!
    Anonymous

• A lady poked her nose in once. I was almost running through the mall holding my 4 yo's hand and carrying his 2 yo brother. His feet were barely touching the floor as we made time. She stepped out in front of us and started fussing about how I was hurting my poor son, and she would report me for abuse if I didn't stop now. My wonderful child said, "I have to potty. We have to hurry." I told her that he said it not me. We ran on as she stood there with the most perplexed look on her face.

sticking out tongue

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, at walmart my son climbs in and out of the buggy and all around it, he's always done this too. He's a very good climber and likes to do it. I let him and more than once someone has said how I shouldn't let him do it and that he may fall. And yes he may fall but I belive that children learn by doing and I always have am in a way in which I can catch him. I hate ppl who assume that since I"m young I'm dumb.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:19 PM on May. 4, 2009