How much pain would she have to be in? warning: very sad!

I just heard heard of a 6th grade girl that hung herself in the town next to me!! We live in pretty small towns so it hits pretty hard because everyone knows everyone. I just wonder how much pain that little girl had to be in to be able to hang herself at such a young age!???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• MY FEELING ON KIDS TODAY IS THERE ARE MUCH MORE ADVANCED IN LIFE THEN WE WERE..I WOULD HAVE NEVER DREAMED OF DOING THINGS KIDS ARE DOING TODAY AT A YOUNG AGE. I KNOW AT ARE LOCAL SCHOOLS THERE HAVE BEEN ALOT OF SUICIDE THINGS GOING ON..THE IS SO MUCH OF KIDS PICKING ON ONE ANOTHER OVER CLOTHES,RACE AND SEXUALILITY AND MUCH MORE..MY SISTER IN LAW THAT IS 12 HAD CUT HER WRIST AND ALL OVER KIDS PICKING ON HER IN SCHOOL AND MY COUSIN'S DAUGHTER HUNG HERSELF OVER KIDS CALLING HER AND THREATING HER ...IT IS SAD THAT KIDS CAN'T GO TO THERE PARENTS ANYMORE WHEN THINGS ARE REALLY BUGGING THEM...
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 12:54 AM on May. 5, 2009

• omg, why did you put this in the JUST FOR FUN section?
    Anonymous

• You don't live in Sacramento do you???? If so I know the little girl as she is a family friend of ours. Its very sad and a lot was going on and yes she did hang herself but they ruled it as an accident.
    Anonymous

• I know two people who committed suicide. One was the father of my child's friend. People just gotta understand it's ok to not like but not okay to hate differences. Stay strong keep open communication always.
    Anonymous

• Just for fun? Really?

genxmomma

Answer by genxmomma at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• In the last few months in my town we've had 4 hangings and 2 kids hit by a train. They were walking on the tracks and didn't get off when they saw the train coming and their young cousin saw the whole thing. The hangings were all middle and high school kids. It did shake up the whole town. Everybody knows each other and treats everyone else like family, so I don't know what these kids were going through that they thought that was their only way out. Very sad.
    Anonymous

• She said warning SAD duh  god bless them

Anonymous

• sorry, i didnt know where else to put it. and that is why i put a warning on there. and no I live in the midwest. unfortunatly it was not an accident.
    Anonymous

• There was a 5th grader in my city that committed suicide about 3 years ago. No one knew he was even that sad. I also live in the midwest. Too much pressure on kids to grow up too fast and be perfect little angels.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Sometimes if I don't know what question the category fits in, I put it in Just for Fun or Cafemom...

And I think thats heartbreaking that that little girl felt she needed to do it. And hanging is such a gruesome way to do it. I can't imagine what must have been going through her mind when she did it! Poor thing...and her poor family and friends! What a tragedy.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 2:58 PM on May. 4, 2009