What are the best Car Seats....?

For extended rear facing, preferably a convertible carseat, that are like OMG expensive?

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 1:05 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My personal favorite is the Truefit, it has the 35lbs and 50 inch limit...the HIGHEST limit on the market for height...even higher than Britax. Has lockoffs, EPS foam, side impact protection, a very deep seat so more legroom...great seat

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-Convertible-Cappuccino/dp/B000YBM2V0/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_a

it can harness to 65lbs FFing too...my almost 7 year old fits with room to grow..

Beware 3 in 1 seats have low RFing heights, and many seats have low FFing harness heights...if you ERF you wanna EH(extended harness)too
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:32 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You want an expensive one or you don't? We have a Cosco that was 90 bucks and love it. We also have an Eddie Bauer one and hate it. We have also had the safety first one for about 50 bucks and like it as well. As for crazy expensive just make sure its adjustable to the weight your state requires them to be in one. Ours go up to the high back booster and then a regular booster seat.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Britax car seats are the best, but they are like HOLY SHIT expensive. Evenflo Triumph Advance is good, it rear faces to 35- i think thats the highest any go- and it harnesses to 50- which is good. Then after that I would buy a Graco Nautilus which would harness to 65. Most Britax car seats will rear face to 35 then harness to 65.... but like I said... EXPENSIVE.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We have a truefit. It works great in my car for my son. It will RF to 35lbs and EH to 65lbs. It also has a taller shell so they wont outgrow by height when RFing. It isnt as bulky as the britax, its $170.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i love my Chicco KeyFit 30. Its safe, and easy to use...the whole travel system is great!
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 2:04 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I got a Sunshine Kids Radian 80 for about $250. It RF to 33lbs and 5pt harnesses to 80lbs. I figure $250 is a great deal for something she'll use for so long.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Thank you mamas! and thanks for those of you who caught my typo lol. :D
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2009