Really Work?

Has anybody ever really just not worried about taking their temperature and tracking ovulation and cm and everything and just relaxed and gotten pregnant? How long do you do that before you go to the doctor to see whats going on? I feel like if I just don't think about getting pregnant all the time it will happen but my af has been off since I got off my bcontrol pills? What would you guys do?

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you just got off the pills it could take you a few months for it to get out of your system. The harder you try the more stress you put yourself under. My husband and I tried 7 years and were told 2 weeks before we got pregnant we would need IVF or and IUI to get pregnant as his sperm count was low and I have PCOS with POF and I took my last dose of Clomid and got pregnant when we thought it was impossible. Most doctors will make you try at least 1 year before doing to many tests as birth control can stay in your system.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• it does work, but not all the time. A healthy couple can take 12-18 months to conceive naturally. After 18 months it's time to go see what's up. For me it was a blocked fallopian tube. After the procedure to unblock it I was pregnant the next month. The often overlooked thyroid gland plays a part in ability to conceive as well. A simple blood test will tell you if yours is not working as it should. So just relax and enjoy the process and try not to put so much emphasis on the desired outcome. Good luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• OMG girl..My husband and i tried to get pregnant in february of this year using that opk and it just didnt work because we were so anxious to get pregnant. March we totally forgot about the stupid traking your ovulation days and we got pregnant. We were stress free and had fun with it. We also took vit and drank alot of water and green tea. It took us not even two months to get pregnant with this one and two months with my last and both times we stopped worryin and what u know we have a baby on the way. For some ppl its not as easy. My friend it took her 6 years to conceive.. all she worried about was having another baby. Then when she finally gave up god blessed her with a baby she had been praying for. Goodluck hun and try to be stress free..i believe thats what did it for me. Im 6 weeks and 3 days sendin some baby dust ur way!
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 2:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I've only ever tracked the first day of my period and have gotten pregnant every time I've tried... just like when i don't want to get pregnant, we don't have sex around "my window."

Most drs. won't see you unless you have been unsuccessful for more than a year. But you can ask your gynocologist. Most have knowledge of fertility issues, so that would be a good starting point.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Thank you for your answers :) and baby dust
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 4:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I didn't temp, but I checked cervical mucous to get pregnant with #1 and with #2 I just let things happen. If temping and stuff stress you out then definitely try without it because stress can hurt your fertility. Most docs don't want to medicate or do any testing until you have tried for a year without a pregnancy.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:12 PM on May. 4, 2009