I was abused by an ex partner, and now feel very unsure of everyone is this a normal response?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes and you should seek some form of counseling for the abuse you have suffered so you can learn to trust again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I'm the same way it's ok to be cautious but try not to let it stop you from getting close to others... there are alot of good guys out there and you might mess up a good thing if you carry all that hurt and baggage into a new relationship.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You may be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. Everything you are probably feeling is normal. Please seek a therapist who can help you deal with this.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, I was the same way. When me and my SO got together, he knew about my past because we had been friends for 4 years and he assured me that he would take care of me and never treat me the way I was treated by my ex. He lived up to his word, so there ARE good guys out there. I'm sorry you had to go threw that. I hope you find the perfect guy who is going to love you and respect you like you deserve.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Its normal for you to feel this way and the best thing that you can do for yourself is to seek help in order NOT to attract the same type of man...for me, counseling did not help because my therapist only nodded and said uhuh to everything that I said...so I bought a self-help book and talked with a support group and got myself out of that victim state of mind...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2009