Does your DH or SO have children from prior relationships? Are you a blended Family?

Does your DH or SO have children from prior relationships? Does he see them? How offten? Does he pay CS? How much? Do you all get along?
My husband has 5 children all together. The first two are from his first wife, live with us, DH has had custody since wife letf. 3rd child is from wife 2, left him when she couldn't handle being an army wife and moving all of place, we have joint custody, we get her for one month every two months. He pays $900 amonth, plus half of all extras. Then it's our two. I ask just out of curousity. How many other blended families there here.

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 1:12 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, we started our family together!! I don't know how I'd handle dealing with other kids and another woman.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 1:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My husband has one son from his first marriage. He is 12, and comes over every Friday after school, and back home on Sundays. Over the summer, and any other break from school, he spends about half his time here, and the other half at his mom's house. Hubby pays $350 a month in child support. We also have two boys together, ages 3 and 5, and we all get along great. I try to keep things as civil as possible between us and his ex, because it just makes things easier for my step son.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• my dh has 2 kids with x wife i have 1 dd from my x and we have a son. i get weekly c/s from my x 50.00 a week ( money is tight with him and he trys to help ) and he takes her every other weekend.as for my dh he takes his kids every other weekend from fri night to sun night and pays 193.00 a week and as long as his x shows a med bill we do pay 1/2. like glasses. as for vacation we leave it up to the kids if they want to spend a week here thats fine. or if there mom cant find a sitter for a vacation i will take them. no biggie. i love the kids. and we all work things out. now i talk to his x more because its peaceful. for all of us both adults and kids. heck in june shes getting married and when she gose on her honeymoon im taken the kids for her. its better not to fight less stressful lol. and the kids see us work as a team. or i can say i dunno ill ask your mom. but bm isent crazy eaither. kudos to u for taken on her job xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Why was my answer deleted? Did I do something wrong?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My fiance has a son from his first marriage thats 18 and he lives with us now- then he has a daughter from a previous relationship thats 14 and she comes to visit on the weekends- he pays child support but it varies from month to month (they settled out of court and he pretty much gives wuts needed) then my oldest son was from a previous relationship but my fiance has been the only father figure in his life (we met when i was pregnant) and then we have 2 kids and one on the way together
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Gramsmom, I haven't seen your answer.... www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I grew up in a blended family.

My dad had two daughters (that he had full custody of and they visted their mom)
    My mom has a son (full custody, no dad in picture)
    Together they had 3 kids.

We all lived together, my mom was a SAHM and my dad worked.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:40 PM on May. 4, 2009