how many of you let your husbands see your dress before the wedding?

Is it REALLY bad luck? My fiance loves to dress me up, he loves shopping for clothes FOR ME, as much as I do. He is also kind of picky. Often times i come home with a dress & he'll politely say "It's not my favorite", which means he doesn't like it. So, I would like for him to help me pick out my wedding dress, since he has SUCH a good eye for what looks good on me (he really does, & yes he is a VERY manly man). I also want to wear something that I know he'll absolutely LOVE on me.

So, is it bad luck? My girlfriends say YES.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 1:13 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to buy the dress that you like-he will like it regardless! I did not let my husband see my dress until right before because we had to do pictures! DON"T let him see the dress-thats the best part is the look on his face when he sees you for the first time in it :) I don't really think bad luck but it spoils the surprise!
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 1:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i didn't let mine see me
    Anonymous

• Are you superstitious? If not, then no :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• lol! No, I'm not superstitious, but when ALL your girlfriends say it's a bad idea, I start thinking.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I personally wouldnt because when I get married I want to see the look on his face when I'm walking down the Isle to him=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• wow, brookelyynn, I never thought of it that way! That's going to make me second think this now....hmmmmm. THANKS!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My husband was WITH me when we picked mine out. We had a a whole nother situation though. I was pregnant and he had just finished basic training. The army would not let him be present at our son's birth unless we were married. So during his 2 week exodus at Christmas, we had our wedding. My dress was $20. Our license was $35. And 2 and a half years later, we are just as happy as the day we got married :)

Sometimes girls can go a little overboard with superstitious crap. LOL.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Welcome :)
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 1:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• DON'T LEAVE HIM HELP YOU,YOU WANT HIS HEART TO FLUTTER WHEN HE SEES YOU WALK DOWN THE AISLE...MY HUBBY STILL TALKS ABOUT WHEN HE SEEN ME ENTERING HOW PRETTY I LOOKED..MAKE HIM WAIT!!
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 1:40 PM on May. 4, 2009