Which vesion of the Bible do you use, and why?

fireball1978

Asked by fireball1978 at 1:16 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I use a lot of them, so I can get a full understanding of the meaning of a verse. When I am studying I use KJV, NKJV, NIV, and NLT(which is paraphrase, not a literal translation). I also use a lexicon so I can get a better understanding of the meaning of the word. They have a good lexicon on Blueletterbible.org that is free for anyone to use.

For my devotions I use a NLT One Year Bible, because I am already very familiar with the Bible in the NKJV so it is just a fresh perspective.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• king james, b/c that's what my family has used since i was a baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• niv (new international versioN)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• There are four that I like to read and compare - KJV, NIV, the new Living Translation and the Aramaic bible.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• What is wrong with a good conversation with religion or politics at its center. If you listen, or read as the case may be, you learn so much. You may not change your point of view, but you learn. How is that ever bad?

shake hand

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• King James, but a version with chapter headings, footnotes, Bible dictionary and topical guide.
    Anonymous

• I use the NIV,mainly because my Bible is a Women's Devotional, and that's what they are. I love it,though, they have a plan in the back to read the Bible through in a year,and they have daily devotionals. I do use the KJV on occasion,as well,but I really do enjoy my NIV.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I use many Bibles but I mainly use the New World Translation,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:32 PM on May. 4, 2009