When did your baby start sleeping through the night?

And how many hours does "sleeping through the night" translate to you?

My three-month-old will go down to sleep between 9-10 p.m., then wakes up between 2-3 a.m. to eat. Then again at 6-7 a.m.

Just trying to gauge if this is normal and when I can anticipate (if ever) coming out of my sleep-deprived state. Ahhh!

deereporter

Asked by deereporter at 1:17 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies do it on their own time but they consider all night to be 8-12 hours straight with no feedings. We put our daughter down at 8:30 and she gets up at 5:30 then goes back to sleep until 8. She was sleeping all night at 3 months and that was just 8 hours.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It's normal for your baby. Each baby is different but most don't sleep through until later in the first year, if not after the first year.

I was one of the extremely lucky ones.....mine slept 9 (or 10)pm until 6-7am at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 14 weeks. I think it was because they were taking so much formula during the day.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son started sleeping through the night around 11 months old.
    Anonymous

• My son slept through the night at 2 months -- 8 hours and then 3 months to now at 8 months about 11-12 hours a night.
    Anonymous

• My 2 1/2 slept through at around 6 months, but my 11 months old she was 9 months and she was still waking up. So we let her cry it out, it was not bad at all, now she goes down at 8 and gets up at 7:30. but every child is different. it will get better u always feel that it won't but it will.
    Anonymous

• my son was sleeping through the night at 2 months, anywhere from 10 to sometimes 14 hrs. hes 3 months now and is the same. depending on how the day goes he goes to bed at 7 or 8, then sleeps till about 430, gets a little fussy but falls back asleep.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 2:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My daughter was sleeping 8 hours straight at 7-8 weeks, and at about 4 months she started sleeping 12 hours a night.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• oh that's normal. they actually consider sleeping through 6 hours sleeping through the night at that young of an age. both my dd and my ds started sleeping through the night at 6 months. what i would do is when they woke up, i'd let them cry themselves back to sleep. if they cried longer than 20 minutes, i'd give them a bottle. it took a few days, but eventually they figured out it was just easier to put themselves to sleep, and then they just started not waking up. afterward, every now and then they'd wake up, but they knew it wasn't even worth trying to cry, so they would just play for a little bit and then go back to sleep. my ds is 25 months and my dd is 9mnths, been sleeping through the night since.
    Anonymous

• My daughter sleeps from 7:30am until 7am every night...she sometimes wakes up once or twice looking for her binky, other than that, she sleeps through the night. She started sleeping through the night at 8 months old (she's now 10 months old).
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:48 PM on May. 4, 2009