Epideral?

Are there options with an epideral? I'd like a lower dose if thats even possible (I have NO idea how this all works). I'm worried about managing the pain all on my own, but I dont want to be completely numb to it either. I just want... a little help. Ya know? Is that possible? Has anyone tried it?

Michele_Lynn

Asked by Michele_Lynn at 1:32 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can talk to your doctor about adding something to the IV instead of an epidural. Maybe that would be a better option for you.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I HAD A EPISERAL WITH MY SON FOR A VAGINAL BIRTH AND IT DIDNT NUMB ME TO THE POINT THAT I COULDN'T FEEL EVERYTHING..I STILL FELT PRESSURE...NOT REALLY PAIN..I ALSO STILL HAVE A TENDER SPOT WHERE THEY DID IT!! IT THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO!!
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 1:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i just yelled give it to me, at that moment i didnt care how much. and i still felt the pressure but not the mind blowing pain. now with my son there wasent time so i didnt have one with him and still wonder my god how do we do it. so i would just ask your doc if its possible. tell the doc how you feel. but u just never know u might be like me. just give it to me. lol. good luck eaither way. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You can ask for a consult with an anesthesiologist before you deliver or a nurse anesthesiologist which ever your hospital has. You don't have to wait until just before labor to get their guidance.
    I had a labor ending in csection and two more csections with out labors. All three I had epidurals for cause the headache was more chancy with a spinal. But some women do get headaches with epis.
    tell your ob your questions. He should answer you easily and comfortably. My epidurals weren't scary some women get them lying on their sides and some lean over and lean into a nurse.
    Anonymous