• In the Spotlight:

Why post in Answers Qs and As profile private and screen name known instead of here as anon?

Aren't they both the same and personal information can't be read?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on May. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Huh? Can you rephrase that question?
    Anonymous

• thanks anon thought i was losing it lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Thanks for your help, here's what I mean - sorry I'm confusing. in this section of CafeMom called Answers, sometimes moms post their questions or responses either with their screen name showing - but - their profiles 'private you can not view' and some other moms post here in Answers as anonymous - and their profiles can not be viewed because their profiles can't been seen at all.

I'm just wondering what the difference is between those two ways of posting in Answers? Why not have it be one way or the other? Private profile is private no matter if you can click on it and not view it or if you can't click on the profile of another mom and not actually see the profile because they're anonymous. Just wondering what the difference is.
    Anonymous

• Private profile is a default setting you choose. There's no way I know of to toggle it off and on for answers and groups. It's either public or private. Those with public profiles probably post anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• oh so that's it. thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on May. 5, 2009