my dh and his friend who is a women.

My dh has been friends with her for years. But lately he has been texting and calling her alot. We are having problems and she says she is just there to listen to his problems and try to help him out. But since we are fighting it feels like he would be more likely to try something with her because shes giving him all the right answers and acts like she really cares about him. What do I do? Do I get mad or just let it go. He says nothing is going on with her. They just talk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Trust him until you have a reason NOT to, and then leave him or the friendship obviously needs to end with this other girl.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The only way you and your dh can fix your problem is if you talk to each other. No one else knows your situation like the two of you do. Tell him it makes you uncomfortable that he is telling someone else about your marital problems. He should understand and stop the behavior if he is serious about working things out. I wish you the best.
    danielle836

Answer by danielle836 at 1:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• He needs to cut out contact with this person. No husband should be talking to someone of the opposite sex about problems with his wife. Period. Any counselor will tell you that you are opening the door to an affair when you do this. He needs to stop NOW. You need to make that clear.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 1:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree with "madsmom"... He shouldn't be stepping out of his Marriage telling this Woman your marital problems and in return she ( the other woman) is not qualified to counsel him ( or you) on your Marriage problems!
    Anonymous

• NO no no no. He should NOT be going outside of his marriage to a woman to talk. I don't care if y'all are having problems, that will NOT help it. It will make it worse. I've been there. my DF has step outside OUR relationship with another women. . .ugh. its just wrong IMO
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If she's his friend then it shouldn't matter if she's a man or a woman. It's who he trusts. If he shouldn't be stepping out of his marriage to talk about things the same should go for you and you shouldn't be here. Let it go and trust your husband.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 3:27 PM on May. 4, 2009