Are you too broke to have another baby?

My son just turned one and I am so ready for another one but cannot afford it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Same here. I'm in your shoes. My son will be one next month and wish I could afford another baby or be in a better situation.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• no but were living good right now and if we had another we'd have to be VERY frugal
    Anonymous

• wait. Save up a little money. You will be a lot happier if you can afford the children that you have. Don't you want to be able to give your children everything that they want and deserve instead of struggling to get by?
    Anonymous

• my son is also 1. while preggo SO told me he'd like our son to have a sibling oneday which made me so happy! we havent discussed it since, but down the road I know we will try to have another baby. right now we are financially "comfortable" but not enough to have another baby. we ideally want to wait till our son is at least out of diapers
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I have two sons and can't afford anymore.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We have one baby (9 months), and while I wouldn't want another baby yet regardless of how much money we had, I would like to try in about a year. But, considering my SO won't be finished with college yet, we'll probably wait another couple years.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 2:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If I had to wait until I could honestly afford a baby I never would have had any. There just never seems to be a right time to have kids, let's face it, they are darn expensive. I have 5 and we manage. There are tons of scholarships and programs out there for just about anything. You don't have to go on welfare(not that there is anything wrong with people on assistance) but you don't have to be a gazillionare to have kids either. My kids went to private school, summer camp two weeks out of the year and a ton of other things. They also grew up knowing how lucky they are to have such things and the meaning of giving back. They volunteer etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• TTC right now.. not in a financially 'comfortable' spot.. but then again there's never a right time to have another baby.. something is always going to be an obstacle no matter how long you wait.. time.. money.. jobs.. school.. parents.. whatever!! I say let it happen when its meant to.. don't worry about the little stuff cuz it will all fall into place eventually!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• im wayy too broke to have another baby. im waiting until i finish college and get a GOOD job until i have another.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Me and my husband have 4 kids and he wants 1 more but I have my tubes tied so I have a 2% chance to have another. We are managing with ours right now but I am not sure about number 5 but it would be nice
    princess_sjb

Answer by princess_sjb at 3:56 PM on May. 4, 2009