Did your baby do better on soy?

My 2 mo old has terrible gas and she grunts and strains more than I think she should. We tried a little bit of prune juice per the doctor in case she was constipated but not sure that was necessary, she has a couple good BMs a day.
I thought maybe soy would be easier on her.
She eats every 2-3 hrs and can eat up to 6oz at a time.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 1:55 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Soy was like a miracle worker for my daughter. She has reflux and a milk allergy, plus she spit up mouthfuls all day long on milk formula. It's taken about two months, but I think her allergy is getting better. She doesn't spit up as much as she used to and her tummy troubles have pretty much disappeared. I'm hoping she continues to do good on soy, cuz after soy is Nutramigen and Alimentum...the expensive cans, aaack!

But your baby isn't alone. I know how much it sucks =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You could try watering it down a little bit... put in 7 oz of water with 6 oz worth of formula mix... my son was on soy and was constipated so i started doing that everything went much smoother
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• im with cait my daughter is eighteen months but when i switced her from formula to whole milk she got terribly constipated. the doc put her on soy and it has worked wonderfully
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:48 PM on May. 4, 2009

• NEVER water down formula! Always mix according to directions unless directed by a doctor. The best milk for her to handle would be breast milk. After just 2mos, you can surely start again. Call your local La Leche League or a lactation consultant. Or you could find donor milk. It's the absolute safets and healthiest for her. Soy comes with its problems/risks too.
    Anonymous

• well my daughter has been on soy for quite awhile and she is fine. no health problems or anything. gosh if it doesnt come from the breast its not safe right?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I knew someone would say she should relactate. I was told to relactate when I had to switch my daughter to soy as well.

Ah, well. Everyone has an opinion.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:39 PM on May. 4, 2009

• oh yeah, my son was having horrible gas problems and always spitting up, I used the simulac senstive in the orange can it worked micacles!!
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 5:56 PM on May. 4, 2009