buying ahead?

I guess it's probably a bad idea ... but I wanted to know if anyone has stocked up on formula before they had their baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It'd be a great idea, if you knew how your baby would react to the formula. With my son we started him on Enfamil Lipil, but he ended up having constipation for the first few weeks, so we switched him to Enfamil Gentlease. At about 4 months we switched him back to Enfamil Lipil and he was fine.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt just because not every formula works for every baby. My son was allergic to milk and soy. With no family history of food allergies I never would have thought to stock up on hypoallergenic formula.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree it's better to wait. You never know how a baby will react to formula.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 2:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You could get a gift card, and just start saving money on a gift card specially for formula. Or even just save the cash if you know you can set it aside and not touch it.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Although it sounds like a great idea I would not do it. You never know how your little one will react to the formula. If you want to stock up on something I would suggest diapers and wipes. When I was pregnant with my first everytime I went shopping I would buy a package of wipes and a package of diapers. By the time I delivered I had tons of diapers and wipes. Do not open packages ahead that way if they outgrow a size or you end up not liking the brand you bought you can take them back. I recommend Pampers diapers and Huggies wipes. You can also put money on a gift card for formula or diapers.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:56 PM on May. 4, 2009