How did you deal with baby anxiety?

My daughter is 9 months old and has completely changed in her daily behaviors. I know separation anxiety is normal at this age and that she really wants more and more of my attention, but what can I do to help her get over her anxieties and learn to play by herself. I work nights, so I am home with her all day, then my husband is home with her. We go for walks, play at the park, go on playdates and run errands together, but she seems so cranky we we are at home playing. This behavior really started once she started getting her teeth? Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

belindachic

Asked by belindachic at 1:57 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes you just have to let them learn on their own. both my kids went through it, my dd just recently (9mnth). with both of them i just left them in the living room, whether in their excersaucer, jumperoo, or just on the floor, and if they cried, they cried. sometimes i just had to have chores that needed to be done. i play with them all the time, but jeez, sometimes you need a break from a kid attached to your hip all the time. they eventually realized they had toys around them that they could reach and play with, and now i have no problems. my ds (25mnth) has been playing by himself since he was a baby, granted he loves to play with other kids but at least he doesn't have a meltdown when there aren't any other kids to play with. my dd is great too, she just chills. it does help now that they both like to play together, even though he does get rough with her sometimes.
    Anonymous