is it too much to hope for?

I want to have another child, but my SO lives in Florida and I live in CT. I stopped using my birth control about 2 months ago (sole purpose: to regulate my cycles after having DD) My period came this past Friday, and I leave to go see my SO this coming Friday.. is it possible I could get pregnant on this trip or is it too soon after my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• How long is the trip.

A really good way to track your ovulation is through temperature testing every morning. You'll begin to see a pattern emerge and more than anything, it will tell you if you ovulate on the 14th day after your period starts or before.

I recommend the book, Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. It's a big book, but easy to read and funny. Extremely helpful for conceiving. (I finally conceived after five years of trying after reading it!)

Son is now 2+ years old. :-)

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Start counting your cycle at day one of your period. You always have a chance, as our bodies are not 100% all the time. If I understand you right, you will be at day 7 of your cycle. How long will you be with him? If you are with him on day 12....sperm can live up to 5 days, but your chances for a girl will be higher. I hope this helps.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If youre only going for the weekend, I'd say probably not. If you're staying the whole week, I think its possible.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I will be with him May 8th -12th (OP HERE)
    Anonymous